Woocommerce product feed manager v1.9.4 is now available via automatic update and the downloads page.
This is not only a maintenance update that includes bug fixes but also includes added functionality and user improvements..
We recommend users update as soon as possible in order to keep your product feeds up to date with the latest bug fixes, security enhancements and feed requirements.
Feed item WordPress filter
This is one of the coolest addition to this version that will make the plugin even more flexible as it is already. We have added filter hooks to our plugin so you are able to manipulate any item from the feeds by using the wppfm_feed_item_value() filter in either plugin or functions.php
I have created an example code on Github so you can have an idea about the working and posibilities.
WooCommerce Composite Products
We have several customers that use the woocommerce composite products to create product kits and complex products by grouping existing simple or variable products. Our plugin will now support that plugin and will work with this type of product.
Added support for custom made taxonomies
In some cases we found out our clients need support of custom taxonomies. As of version 1.9.0 our plugin will pick those taxonomies up and list them in the source dropdown in the feed manager. So for example if you create a gender taxonomy for you products you will be able to add the gender to the product feed for each product.
Dynamic remarketing for Google Shopping
Until now we did not support the Adwords remarketing tags. But because Dynamic remarketing is such an important part of any online marketing strategy we have included the attributes to the google shopping feed template.
Added attributes are
Even more changes
The functionality above are the most important updates but there is even more and in the change log below you will find every bit of improvement and added functionality in our new 1.9.4 version.
Remember to update your plugin
Do remember to go and update your product feed manager plugin and also keep an eye out on update in the channel manager if you have the Product feed manager E-commerce version. Channel templates do get updates so your product feeds keep being valid in the channels where you show your products.
- Fixed an issue where filtering failed when the user would not enter an “or” input
- Improved the backup process
- Improved memory usages during feed generation
- Fixed an issue where the min and max variation regular prices would not be configured according the the WooCommerce money settings
- Fixed an issue with the duplicate function
- Improved the database setup and update process
- Improved the way channels are downloaded
- Added support for WooCommerce Composite Products
- Improved the error handling messages for licensing activities
- Added the wppfm_feed_item_value filter that allows users to edit the value of any item in a feed using this filter option
- Added support for Google Dynamic Remarketing
- Fixed an issue where the plugin would conflict with the Mandrill plugin
- The output lists are now sorted alphabetically
- Added support for user made taxonomies
- Added a function that removes WordPress Gallery shortcode from the product description
- Added a warning if a user uses prohibited characters in the feed name
- Fixed an error that could cause calculations in a change value to produce a period as a decimal separator even though a comma is set as required decimal separator
- Changed the Min and Max Variation prices that are not supported by WooCommerce anymore
- Fixed an issue where the url of variable products from which some attributes where not set would not be correct
- Prepared the code to support the WooCommerce Product Feed Manager WPML Support plugin that adds WPML multilingual support the the plugin