CSV file UTF-8 encoding issue
The feed file is encoded in UTF-8 because it can handle all types of characters, and all merchants require a feed file encoded in UTF-8. To resolve the UTF-8 encoding issue with the CSV file, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Excel 2007.
2. Click on the Data menu option.
3. Select the From Text icon.
4. Navigate to the location of the file you want to import. Click on the filename, then click on the Import button. The Text Import Wizard – Step 1 or 3 window will appear.
5. Choose the appropriate file type – Delimited or Fixed Width.
6. Select “65001: Unicode (UTF-8)” from the drop-down list next to File origin.
7. Click on the Next button to proceed to the Text Import Wizard – Step 2 or 3 window.
8. Place a checkmark next to the delimiter used in the file you want to import into Microsoft Excel 2007. The Data preview window will show you how your data will appear based on the chosen delimiter.
9. Click on the Next button to proceed to Step 3 of 3.
10. Choose the correct data format for each column you want to import. You also have the option to exclude one or more columns if needed.
11. Click on the Finish button to complete the data import process in Microsoft Excel 2007.